Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back to the Earth...

After a slightly grueling 6 mile bike ride, most of which due to me being undeniably overweight and trying to gain control of it I was sitting on the hood of my car in the Percy Priest Dam Greenway trail head eating an apple, when I heard what sounded like nature sounds. Not the interstate or people fishing, the dam letting out water, none of that. These were croaking sounds. They were far off, across the river, and were loud enough to be heard over the rushing of, well, everything.. I couldn't believe that I was able to hear such tiny creatures over such large machines. It made me think about what would happen if we all just disappeared, it seems like many of the apocalyptic films could be right, that nature would just take back the earth. We would have buildings covered in vines, deer running through malls, tigers loose in the airport, and people (if they were still around) would have to learn to live around nature again instead of it living around us...


No comments:

Post a Comment