Friday, July 10, 2009

Pawleys Island


I will be traveling to Pawleys Island this weekend with my sister..sans husbands, for our family beach week. We have done this every year since before I was born, so a long time. I say family, but it really includes the McCarrol family too, so 7 of us
beach bums and then we add on boyfriends (some now husbands). We look forward to it, it's a ritual. On the years when we we're not able to be in the same house, or even on Pawleys, because of the owners family, we would trek to San Blas, FL. Fun but not the same. I never realized how much Pawleys is ingrained in me until we went back for my sisters wedding. It felt like home, everything familiar, partly because it is the one place I've consistently been year after year. We moved around a lot but Pawleys was constant. It feels like a home away from home. And I think that's what it is. I hope it will be the same for my kids. I know they say create some of your own traditions, and we will but this one will remain the same, I hope, far into the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment